This handwritten document seems to be part of the working draft for the State of the Union but we were unable to confirm the source or authenticity. It is in short phrases and bullet points but seems to propose a radical program.
MEMO TO POTUS
Here are some ideas for the environment piece. Start with the paragraph you used in the inaugration speech:
We, the people, still believe that our obligations as Americans are not just to ourselves, but to all posterity. We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations. Some may still deny the overwhelming judgment of science, but none can avoid the devastating impact of raging fires, and crippling drought, and more powerful storms. The path towards sustainable energy sources will be long and sometimes difficult. But America cannot resist this transition; we must lead it. We cannot cede to other nations the technology that will power new jobs and new industries – we must claim its promise. That is how we will maintain our economic vitality and our national treasure – our forests and waterways; our croplands and snowcapped peaks. That is how we will preserve our planet, commanded to our care by God. That’s what will lend meaning to the creed our fathers once declared.
- Pronounce emergency decree to save the planet for future generations. Demand that Congress pass bill "Save the World" without delay.
- Memory of JFK, MLK, FDR. America can meet this challenge. New industry will create millions of jobs, new prosperity and security for all. Lead the world in fight to create a better, durable civilisation.
- Based on science that shows essential to keep global warming to 2 degrees. Point out and praise NASA scientist James Hansen, sitting next to Michelle, for his lifetime efforts to show global warming.
- All-out mobilization of science and industry. Develop suite of renewable energy sources.
- Shift all hydrocarbon uses to creation of chemistry and materials that cannot be created otherwise, include medical, construction, other high-value, essential applications.
- Immediate focus on using available technology to retrofit homes and commercial buildings for enhanced energy efficiency.
- Changes in lifestyle will be required, but the quality of life will be better, and there will be a future for the children and for the planet. Welcome children's chorus sitting in balcony, as they sing "God Bless America."
- We, the people can make an enduring legacy.